While professional air duct cleaning, furnace cleaning, and dryer vent cleaning are not necessarily called for on a regular basis, some homeowners can derive a great deal of benefit from these services, especially if you fit the following circumstances:
- A drop in efficiency. If your HVAC, your furnace, or your dryer suddenly are no longer as effective as they used to be, you may be able to spare yourself the expense of buying a new one. Scrubbing out dust and grime can unclog vents and machinery and restore these systems to their former efficiency.
- A pest infestation, or a strange odor. Rodents and insects can make themselves at home in your vents, and leave their fur or droppings to be circulated with your home’s air. A vent cleaning can remove both pests and their leavings. If you notice a sudden rotting smell in your home that you cannot find the source of, contact a air duct cleaning professional immediately. You may have an animal trapped inside your walls.
- Allergies or asthma. If you experience any kind of breathing difficulty or respiratory condition, it is vital that your home’s air quality be as good as possible. Your home’s air circulates through the duct work, and an air duct cleaning and furnace cleaning may reduce the impurities circulating through that air.
- Mold. A recurrent mold in your HVAC or around your vents can be detrimental to your family’s health. If your mold keeps coming back, schedule a consultation with your air duct cleaning professional right away.
Finding the right professional
Arranging for air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and furnace cleaning in Dublin, CA can be as easy as a quick trip online. Be careful to hire a reputable contractor, however. Ask your friends for recommendations or, while looking online, look for customer reviews and check the business’s reputation on the Better Business Bureau’s website.
Make sure too that your Dublin air duct cleaning technician is doing the work himself or with an employee from his own company. Subcontractors may not be up to date on the standards set by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
When hiring your contractor, discuss your expectations in advance. Make sure they understand how much of the ventilation system you want cleaned: the air ducts, the furnace, and/or the dryer vent? Make sure that they will be cleaning out all components of the HVAC and the furnace as well as the vents. Your contractor will probably take between 3 to 8 hours, using at least two technicians, to clean your ventilation system, depending upon the size of your house. If your contractor tells you he has found mold or a pest infestation, ask him to show it to you and research carefully before using any kind of chemical cleanser.
The Benefits of Professional Cleaning
The benefits of air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and furnace cleaning are many.
- Longer lasting equipment. Regular maintenance will only extend the life of your HVAC, furnace, and dryer. You may save money you would have spent on new systems.
- Lower utilities cost. Air duct cleaning, furnace cleaning and dryer vent cleaning may cause these systems to run at higher efficiency, saving you money again on your gas and electric bills.
- Lower fire risk. A dryer is one of the most dangerous appliances in your home, seeing as it produces both heat and flammable lint. Dryer vent cleaning lowers the risk of a dryer fire.
- And of course, cleaner air!
Contact your local Dublin, CA air duct cleaner today for a consultation. You won’t regret it!